Trade Union Studies
Welcome to Huntingdonshire Regional College Trade Union Studies Centre for the Cambridgeshire region.
TUC courses encourage everyone to learn in a friendly, supportive, adult learning environment, in surroundings designated for trade union courses. Courses are offered flexibly to suit the needs of union representatives and through the traditional day release model.
Trade Union Education helps workplace reps and their members develop confidence and skills through a programme of learning. The TUC has provided a major cultural shift in how we educate adult learners, helping to promote learning for all within the workplace.
The TUC programme aims include:
- contributing to students lifelong learning opportunities
- developing personal/study skills and generally improving the confidence of all those who take part
- enabling recognition of achievement in learning through accreditation
- enhancing the status of union reps through recognition of learning
- improving the performance of union reps at the workplace and in the union
- promoting an understanding of trade union priorities, including equal opportunities