Training in the workplace
Our Employer Services department has a dedicated team of staff providing access to Government funded training, training needs analysis, flexible training delivery, both in the workplace and at the college, as well as providing a full range of services to meet your business needs.
Training is available in:
|Business, Administration and Retail|
|Childcare and Health & Social Care|
|English & Maths|
|Hair & Beauty|
|Information, Advice & Guidance|
|Sport & Leisure|
Once training decisions have been made and costs confirmed, an assessor will contact the employer and learner directly to set up an initial meeting and visit the company to complete paperwork and start the programme.
The assessor will visit regularly to support the learner through completion of the qualification, usually up to 30 hours. The learner would be expected to complete a Level 2 qualification in a minimum of a year and a day (depending on the qualification) and 18 months to two years to complete a Level 3.
We actively encourage the learner’s line manager to be involved in their progress and access to the online portfolios of their apprentices.
Most training is done in the workplace but some specialist courses require attendance at college.
On-site assessments must be completed during the learner’s working hours. Documentation is kept to a minimum and we do most of it for you.
Please contact a Business Development Advisor on 01480 379105 for the latest fees for all Work Place Learning courses.
Our Business Development Advisors can also undertake an individual training needs analysis for your staff and provide unique solutions for your training requirements. This service is free of charge and places you under no obligation to proceed further.
We can also help you establish your entitlement for funding and organise any necessary paperwork that is involved.
To provide responsive, appropriate and relevant training and business support services of the highest quality and to develop positive and mutually beneficial relationships with businesses and employers.
- An advisory meeting to discuss business outcomes and training needs through organisational and training needs analysis and utilising labour market information.
- Accurate and timely information on the most appropriate training, accommodation business needs for flexibility wherever possible.
- Clear information on content, duration, assessment requirements and costs.
- Qualified and competent staff, who will deliver high quality learning provision and services and adopt a courteous and reasonable manner which shows respect for all.
- Access to additional support for employees with disabilities or learning needs.
- Regular feedback on learner progress and where appropriate, employers will receive written reports on their employees progress.
- The opportunity for learners and employers to comment on courses through feedback surveys and evaluation processes.
- Invoices raised in a timely and accurate manner.
- Encourage and support your employees throughout the duration of their course, including any examination periods, and to provide assessment opportunities where appropriate.
- Encourage your employees to bring to the attention of the college any disabilities or learning needs so that we can assess and provide appropriate support.
- Encourage your employees to attend regularly and punctually and work to the best of their abilities.
- To encourage your employees to treat all staff and visitors with courtesy and respect in accordance with the College Equality & Diversity Policy.
- Pay all invoices, where applicable, in accordance with agreed commercial terms.