Huntingdonshire Regional College is a place to do business
Businesses cannot grow without the right skills and talent. The Services to Business team at Huntingdonshire Regional College know that, by linking your business plans with the skills development of your present and future staff, we can help you create the business success you want to achieve.
According to Government research, one of the greatest challenges facing UK companies is poor productivity resulting from staff with low skills. Investment in training and development has been proven to boost business performance and growth.
We offer flexible delivery of training, both on your business premises and college sites, as well as providing a full range of services to meet your business needs and develop the skills of your staff.
Providing the latest equipment and specialist training, HRC has fully-equipped engineering and motor vehicle workshops; a comprehensive graphic design suite and art studios. There is a commercial nursery, hair and beauty salons and purpose-built construction workshops offering training in brick/trowel trades, plastering and carpentry.
HRC has specialist staff available to help identify the ways in which training and development can have the best impact on performance and we will work with you to design programmes that are appropriate to all levels of your workforce.
The AGE 16-24 grant is aimed at helping you as an employer to offer young people employment through the Apprenticeship programme. The AGE 16 to 24 grant provides a wage grant to assist employers in recruiting new Apprentices aged 16 to 24 years old.
You will be paid £1,500 per employee (maximum 5 employees) in addition to the training costs for 16 to 18 year olds being paid on your behalf (these are met in full by Government for young people aged 16 to 18). For Apprentices aged 19 to 24 they will be part funded by the government. The payments are a grant and therefore exempt from VAT.
With Huntingdonshire Regional College the grant is available from the 1st January 2016 until 31st December 2016. It will be paid to you by the College in one instalment after the Apprentice has completed 13 weeks of their learning. (Paid directly into your bank account around 18-20 weeks).
Eligible employers are those with less than 250 employees and who have not employed an apprentice within the last 12 months or never employed an Apprentice. For more information, please contact email@example.com or call 01733 708064.
You will be asked to sign an agreement which will include:
- Confirmation of the number of Apprentices you will be taking on as a result of this incentive (maximum 5).
- Confirmation that you would not have taken the Apprentice on without this additional incentive.
- Confirmation that you have not taken on an Apprentice in the last 12 months.
- A commitment to employ the apprentice for at least 12 months or the time it takes to achieve the Apprenticeship training, whichever is the greater.
- Confirmation that you are aware of and do not breach any state aid rules.
- Agreement to pay the minimum Apprenticeship wage of £3.30 per hour (this is a minimum, most employers pay more).
Benefits we can offer your business
- Bottom line savings
- Enhanced customer service
- Flexible training delivery
- Greater employee productivity
- Improved employee motivation and morale
- Increased job satisfaction
- Reduced staff turnover
If you’d like to get up-to-date with the latest business news and opportunities at the College, add us on LinkedIn. We’d love to connect with you!