Did you know?
- Apprenticeships are available in more than 170 industries, including aerospace, fashion, broadcast media and finance
- 55% of Apprenticeships are taken up by women
- 90% of Apprentices stay in employment after completing their Apprenticeship – 71% remain with the same employer while 2% set up their own businesses
- 82% of Apprentices say that their role has improved their ability to do the job and 79% said that their career prospects had improved
- There are up to 25,000 Apprenticeship vacancies online at any one time and Huntingdonshire Regional College helps to place an average of 20 people into Apprenticeships every month
- Funding will be made available, nationally, for up to 50,000 additional Apprenticeship places over the next four years and there are plans to extend Higher Apprenticeships at Level 4
- 1,000 businesses across the country were involved in setting the standards for Apprenticeships currently being rolled out
- The government invested £1.5 billion in Apprenticeships in 2013-14
- The National Apprenticeship Minimum Wage is now £3.30 per hour
- 88% of Apprentice employers believe that Apprenticeships lead to a more motivated and satisfied workforce.
For more Apprenticeship statistics visit the Government’s key facts page